What is inox (stainless steel)?
Inox – prochrome – stainless steel – roasting – roasting inox are all synonyms for a special type of steel.
Inox or prochrome is a composite metal material, which consists of alloys of stainless steel and chromium, that is, it is an alloy of steel – a substance composed of two or more chemical elements, alloyed primarily with chromium and nickel.
This material is known for its characteristics of corrosion resistance, high strength, durability and weather resistance making it the highest quality and longest lasting steel with a wide range of applications and one of the most popular materials for a wide range of industries.
Characteristics of stainless steel (INOX)
Here are some key features of inox:
- Corrosion resistance: Prochrom has excellent resistance to rust and corrosion due to its chromium content and does not require additional anti-corrosion protection. Its resistance to corrosion makes it an ideal material for outdoor use. For this reason, most of the fences and gates are made of stainless steel. Prochrome – stainless steel is one of the most common materials used in harsh or corrosive environments, such as chemical factories, power plants and the maritime sector.
- High strength: Stainless steel – prochrome is a high strength material, which means that it can withstand significant loads and stresses without deformation. From high temperatures to extremely low temperatures, prochrome or stainless steel retains its properties, strength and efficiency. This makes it an ideal material for use in situations where high levels of strength are required, such as construction work, transport or for manufacturing process equipment.
- Durability: Another great advantage of Inox – prochrome is its outstanding durability. This material is highly resistant to wear and deformation, and can maintain its strength and stability over a long period of time, even in difficult conditions, making it a material that stands out for its longevity and durability. Prochrome is an ideal material for the production of long-lasting and durable products, such as bridges, buildings, machines, tools and stainless steel elements. Prochrom’s longevity significantly reduces the need for frequent repairs and replacements, reducing costs and increasing productivity.
- Universality: Inox – prochrome is a very universal material that can be formed into a wide range of shapes and sizes to meet the needs of various applications. This makes it a popular choice for manufacturers and designers looking for a material that can be tailored to their specific needs. Attractive and bright appearance make Inox furniture can also look modern and aesthetically appealing. Furniture manufactured from Inox can be used in wet rooms, such as bathrooms and kitchens, due to its resistance to water and moisture. Stainless steel is also used for the production of sinks, work surfaces and kitchen cabinets, due to its wear resistance and resistance to grease and dirt.
- Easy to process: Inox – Prochrome is relatively easy to process, which makes it ideal for a wide range of industrial and construction applications. It can be cut, formed, welded and finished in various ways to meet the needs of different projects, and we can hardly imagine modern architecture without its application.
- Non-magnetic: One of the properties of prochrome is non-magnetic. Prochrome is a steel alloy with a low iron content, which makes it non-magnetic. The non-magnetic nature of prochrom makes it suitable for use in industries that require the precise functioning of electronic devices and equipment, without the influence of a magnetic field.
- Hygienic: Stainless steel is not dangerous to health, so it is increasingly used in the food and pharmaceutical industry.
Food prochrome does not react with food and does not transmit bacteria or odors, which makes it hygienically correct. Food-grade prochrome (or Inox 18/10) is used in the production of process equipment, food equipment and kitchen tools, due to its corrosion resistance and hygiene characteristics. It is easy to clean and sterilize and does not require a potentially contaminating surface coating.
It has become mandatory in the pharmaceutical industry as an absolutely ecological material that has no harmful effects on humans and the environment. Prochrom does not react with medicinal substances, does not transmit bacteria or odors, and since it is a hygienically correct material, it is often used in the production of equipment and tools for the pharmaceutical industry, due to its characteristics of resistance to corrosion and longevity. Stainless steel is often used in the production of medical equipment, because its non-magnetic nature enables the precise functioning of devices used in magnetic resonance imaging.
- Available in various forms: Prochrome is available in various forms, including sheets, tubes, profiled sheets, etc., which enables its wide application in manufacturing.
Stainless steel or prochrome is a material with a unique combination of strength, durability and versatility, making it a popular choice for a wide range of industrial applications. Whether you’re looking for a material for a construction project, a mechanical component, or a part for a marine vessel, stainless-prochrome is definitely worth considering. the use of high-quality Prochrom and compliance with prescribed safety measures and instructions is key to the long-term functionality and resistance of this material.
These are all references that place stainless steel among the most widely used materials.